NMI Fabless Operations Forum
This peer-forum is FREE to join for NMI members who have senior operations or production responsibilities
- 9 Oct 2013, nVIDIA, Bristol
- 17th Apr 2013, CSR, Cambridge
- 10th Oct 2012, Wolfson Microelectronics, Edinburgh
- 6th Mar 2012, Dialog Semiconductors, Swindon
- 26th Oct 2011, CSR, Cambridge
- 4th May 2011, ICERA, Bristol
- 20th Oct 2010, CSR, Cambridge
- 16th Feb 2010, Dialog Semiconductors, Swindon
-Check this page for future updates on this and other related operations topics.
The UK and Ireland boasts a rich and diverse set of design organisations. Design innovation is the first stage in the value chain - yet many more activities must take place to deliver new products to the world efficiently and effectively. Operations - which includes production and supply chain management - has its own unique skills, competencies and challenges. The supply chain is truly international and the vast majority of NMI members' source and supply products and services overseas.
The purpose of this forum is to provide senior operational management a vehicle to meet and discuss common issues with their peers and collaborate in a multitude of ways to make them more competitive for the long term.
Given the specialised nature of this group and its purpose, this forum is open to qualifying senior staff with operational and production responsibilities such as COO and/or VP Operations.
Please contact us if:
- Your company is an NMI member, is interested in the NMI Operations Forum and meets the qualifying criteria.
- You are a stakeholder or supplier to the industry with an interest in the NMI Operations Forum as we continually scout for new efficiencies and solutions on behalf of the group.
Currently this group meets twice per year in locations around the UK.
Examples of recent theme which are of interest to the group
- Supply Chain Management
- Quality and Audit Systems
- Test Development Planning
- Regulatory action
Regulatory Action Group:
This Sub Group was formed in 2011 with a focus on "Regulatory" challenges/updates which are Business Critical for the Electronic Systems sector.
Examples of recent Priority Topics:
- "Conflict minerals"
- Lead Free Flip chip exemption
- WEEE recast
- RoHSII / China RoHS
- Customer environmental/materials questionnaires