Employment / Salary Surveys
Employment is a fertile interest space for NMI members and we're ideally placed to broker discussion, conduct surveys, reports or specialised bulletins. A brief outline of our services can be found below.
Microelectronics Design Sector 2013 - 2014
This is the second edition of the Employment Survey to be undertaken by NMI for the Microelectronics Design Sector in the UK as requested by a number of members.
It is open to all NMI members within sector and its stated aim is to provide participants with an accurate benchmarking tool and identify common employment trends. This service is for NMI members only and is provided at no additional cost and is only available to participants.
Quick Facts for this edition:
67% of participants are recruiting in the UK
33% recruited graduates in the past 12 months
42% of participants looking to recruit graduates in the next 12 months
Challenges: Many companies are finding it difficult to source suitably qualified staff in the UK.
This is a consistent view in recent years which caused NMI to lobby the UK Border agency for the following job titles to be included on the Shortage Occupation List - these roles were included in April 2013 as a result:
- SOC Code 2124: Electronics Engineers
- SOC Code 2126: Design and Development Engineers (includes IC Engineers)
- SOC Code 2136: Programmers and Software Development Professionals
The following job roles are included in this report:
• General Management
• Project/Programme Managers
• System Architect Engineers
• Hardware Engineers: Digital
• Hardware Engineers: Analogue/Mixed-Signal
• Hardware Engineers: RF
• Hardware Engineers: Verification
• Validation/Characterisation Engineers
• Software Engineers: Embedded
• Software Engineers: Applications
• Methodology/Design Tool Flows/Infrastructure Engineers
• Software Engineers: Design Tools Development
• EDA/CAD engineers
• Applications/Support Engineers
• Technical Operations Engineers
• Production Test Engineers
If you are interested in taking part in the next survey or if you wish to find out about sponsorship opportunities - please contact Rachel Palmer, 01506 401214.
Manufacturing Human Resources Benchmark Report
NMI provides all sorts of benchmarking opportunities for its manufacturing members whether it’s face to face meetings or statistical reports. These reports are usually in anonymous formats yet provide unique and practical information supporting member knowledge as a basis for decision making.
Benchmarking the statistics within HR such as salary, absence and attrition are one of the tools which our manufacturing members benefit from. While there are other reports in the market place NMI’s reports are focussed on our semiconductor industry with specific definitions that enable real comparisons to be made. We do not sell these reports or circulate to those who have not participated but we would be happy if you would like to get involved, so please contact us to find out more.
A regular Newsletter brings you the latest employment developments and issues directly to your inbox - Subscribe Now